I am a member of the team here at Affordable Bankruptcy Courses and especially wanted to write this post, because I personally take great comfort in motivational and inspirational quotes to help get me through my struggles during difficult times. While I have never had to file for bankruptcy, I have had to endure a lot of life changes in a short space of time and found quotes to be of great help when trying to maintain a positive perspective and attitude. Here are a few of my personal favourites; please note, I did not come up with these myself – I only wish I was that creative!
- “A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere until you change it.” Yes, your situation might be less than desirable right now, but by putting a positive spin on things as displayed in one of our previous posts, you can transform your perspective. Thoughts form behaviors, which ultimately form habits.
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” Instead of focusing on the bankruptcy itself, focus on the fact that after bankruptcy, you will be greeted with the prospect of debt relief and a fresh financial start. Rejoice in that thought!
- “Life is like a game of chess. To win you have to make a move.” Is bankruptcy a viable option for you? Instead of continuing to struggle, make the move to put an end to your financial distress and sign up for Credit Counseling to get the ball rolling.
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” By not giving up on yourself, you are always one step closer to where you want to be. Even if you experience a setback, keep going, because “failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”
- “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” Tell yourself you will recover, and you will. Remind yourself that bankruptcy will not own you forever, and it won’t. Repeatedly say to yourself that you will be successful, and guess what? You will.
I hope these words of wisdom have been of some help to you. Please feel free to use these quotes as and when you need them, to help you through your bankruptcy. And in the meantime, for those of you considering filing, take a look at our Credit Counseling and Debtor Education courses to get you started.
If there is anything else you need, let us know.
Thanks for reading,
Assistant Marketing Manager, Affordable Bankruptcy Courses.